Sell Whisky, Liquor and Alcohol Bottles Online
Sell Your Whisky or Liquor Bottles Australia
How do I sell my bottles? If you are looking to sell a bottle, alcohol bottles or sell whisky collection online, then we can do this for you by consignment. We will list your bottle/s on our website and other online market platforms such as eBay.
By Australian Law, it is illegal and a criminal offence to sell alcohol without a valid liquor licence (whether privately or online).
For new consignments after 13 August 2022, we charge a fee of 17.5% upon the successful sale of each bottle.
Why Choose Liquor Town to Sell Your Bottles?
- We offer a trusted and professional platform for the sale of alcohol by consignment.
- We have a growing number of customers and collectors on our database / mailing list who are always on the lookout for quality bottles to acquire.
- We have extended outreach to a number of social media and communication platforms to promote and market your bottles. This significantly increases and enhances the chances of attracting the right buyer.
- We provide a centralised Client Services Portal for you to view and track the status of your consigned liquor bottles.
Can you buy my bottles? Do you accept all kinds of alcohol?
- NO.. we will not buy your alcohol bottle/s outright
- YES.. we can offer consignment services for the sale of your alcohol bottle/s (see below)
- We are not interested in consigning bottles / products considered low value and still widely available in general liquor stores.
- Due to the number of enquiries we receive, we’re very selective on what can be sold.
How to Sell Bottle/s on Consignment?
- Contact us (via E-mail) and include details of the liquor / bottles you want to sell.
You must attach clear photos showing the bottle (front/back label and alcohol fill-line if visible) along with packaged box.
- We’ll review and assess the items. If we’re interested, we will reply and give a valuation / recommendation on the sales pricing. You may decide on the retail price or ask us for guidance.
- If you agree and accept the terms/conditions, we’ll give instructions to post the bottles to us (do not post anything to us unless permitted or this will be rejected and returned to sender).
- When we receive the bottle/s, we’ll start the marketing process including writing the description, taking photos and listing the bottle/s on our website and other marketing platforms.
- Once your bottle/s sell, we handle the shipping. We then pay you the agreed sales price less our commission of 17.5%.
For example: if we agree to sell your bottle for $1000, you will receive $825.
Terms and Conditions for Consignment
- The bottle/s will need to be posted in accordance to the instructions specified in the email.
- When posting the bottle/s, consider using bubble wrap and a solid cardboard box to protect the interior from sustaining any damage during transit. Just remember, postal and courier services can be quite rough. Furthermore, consider insuring the item/s with Australia Post or your preferred courier service in the event of risks arising from loss, theft or damage. We are not liable and responsible for any of the aforementioned risks during the transport and handling process initiated from your end to us.
- You will be paid via Electronic Funds Transfer to your bank acount. Furthermore, payment will only be processed upon the confirmation of delivery to the shipping address and from the buyer.
- We have the right to not offer this service and can refuse the acceptance of any consignment requests. This may be in the case of bona fides check of the bottle/s that raise concerns or suspicion of the item/s. In such event, the bottle/s will be returned to you (minus a $20 holding/handling fee per bottle and additional cost of return postage fee).
- If your bottle/s does not sell or you wish to withdraw from the consignment arrangement, then we will return the bottle/s to you (minus $20 holding/handling fee per bottle and additional cost of return postage fee).
- Any new consigned bottles received after 13 August 2022 will be stored for a maximum of 3 months. After this time, if not sold or due to low level of interest, we may exercise the right to return the bottle/s to you (minus advance payment of $20 holding/handling fee per bottle and additional cost of return postage fee).
- Please note, proof of age identification such as Drivers Licence will need to be provided.
[Page last updated: 13th August 2022]